Pages

Friday, January 6, 2017

Birthday Suit

I don't worry too much about age because it is just a number but it does make me reflect on the past and makes me think about what I want to accomplish before the next one. Having my birthday five days after Christmas and two days before the New Year has always been hard because it gets lost in the craziness of the holidays. But it is also nice to become a new age and move into a new year at almost the same time, it is a fresh start every year I get older to do better, to be better and to follow my dreams. My 27th year of life was very challenging in many ways but so amazing in others and it has taught me to go with the flow because "this too shall pass". In a way I was excited to turn 28 because I could put it all behind me, I am more focused in on what I want in every aspect of my life more then ever and I am ready for it. Personally, this year is going to be the biggest one yet, which I could not be more excited about. My sister is having a baby and it is all I have ever wished for her, she is going to be the most amazing mom and I cannot wait to watch it all happen. I am so excited, I watched my best friend become an aunt and it has been so amazing, she loves her nephew more than anything and I can't wait to be a part of the club! A few months after I become a first time aunt I will become a wife, planning for that day has had its ups and downs but I couldn't be more excited. Bring it on 2017...I am ready for you!

My outfit for my birthday was a last minute decision because of the craziness of the holidays and traveling but it ended up being super comfortable and cute! Luckily, I was shopping online at Zara before I left and found this tank and velvet blazer, they went together so well and they both fit true to size! The tank has a knit back and the front is asymmetrical and leather with lace trim at the top, I love how there is a little shine to it! The blazer was also a great purchase, it is comfortable and will go with anything, unfortunatley it looks like it is sold out but I linked a similar one below. I found my choker necklace when we went to the outlets at The Limited, they all came in one package but can be worn separately which I love! I decided to pair my floral velvet booties with my velvet blazer and I am so glad I did, they are so comfortable and fit true to size! Links to purchase this look are below!







XO

No comments:

Post a Comment